Skip to main content

Keep Building Your Leverage

 



  Life isn’t about what you deserve; it’s about what you can negotiate. While some have to work hard to build leverage, others are handed a golden spoon from the very start. But that shouldn’t stop you from building your own leverage, creating your own opportunities, and negotiating your way toward the life you want. Your starting point may not be equal but it doesn’t have to determine where you finish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone was a slave of Something (AOT Reflection#1)

  In the world of anime, characters often serve as windows into the human experience, and few illustrate this better than Kenny Ackerman from "Attack on Titan." Despite his initial portrayal as a tough and ruthless character, Kenny's philosophy, shared in a poignant moment before his death, unveils a profound understanding of what it means to be human. As Kenny faces his final moments, he offers a quote that hits home with universal truths about human nature. He acknowledges that everyone, regardless of their background or circumstances, is driven by various desires and attachments. Whether it's enjoying a drink, seeking love, following religious beliefs, or chasing power, these desires shape our lives in profound ways. Kenny's insight into this shared human experience is a testament to his understanding of the complexities of life. What makes Kenny's philosophy so compelling is the contrast it brings to his character. Despite his tough exterior and reputation...

Just a Reflection While Drinking My Morning Coffee ๐ŸŒž

  Approaching 30 made me realize how real the “hedonic treadmill” is. At 22, I once thought:  “Once I graduate and pass the board exam I’ll be happy.”  “Once I get the job, I’ll feel successful.”  “Once I save money, I’ll finally relax." Then I achieved those things… and my brain immediately created a new target. The goalpost keeps moving. A degree, license or certification becomes “not enough.” Savings become “still lacking.” Progress becomes invisible because comparison never stops. Especially today, where social media lets you compare yourself to everyone: the millionaire your age, the young professional traveling the world, the politician or businessman who inherited a position or business, the person who seemed to figure life out earlier. As a Filipino nearing 30, there’s also silent pressure:  “May bahay ka na?”  “Kailan ka mag-aasawa?”  “Magkano sweldo mo?” You start measuring your worth through milestones instead of fulfillment. B...

SA QC, SA UP, SA KALSADA NG BGC

       A psychologist once said, 'Relationships are transactions of value.' The transaction remains invisible when functioning well. However, no matter how strong the relationship is, if individuals are in different phases of life, one must let go while the other accepts it's end. Saying goodbye may be bittersweet, yet it involves hoping for someone's best interests and trusting that they will live their best life until their paths cross again. .....  SA QC, SA UP, SA KALSADA NG BGC. Poc.wharfinger · Maki - Saan @Wish